- Getting started:
- Click on the applet to make it "active".
- Hit "1" for one player, or "2" for two players.
- Hit "Q" to quit.
- Hit "P" to pause, and "P" again to resume.
- Hit "0" to toggle into black and white mode.
- Hit "-" to toggle into 'slow mode' where the graphics is refreshed half as
- Try "8" if there is a lot of screen flash (not guarantee to be better).
- The controls:
- The lefthand player (Player 1)
- "Z"=rotate left
- "X"=rotate right
- "V"=fire photon torpedo
- "F"=activate shields for two seconds
- The righthand player (Player 2)
- "M"=rotate left
- ","=rotate right
- "/"=fire photon torpedo
- ";"=activate shields for two seconds
- You are destroyed if you run into the boundaries, an asteroid, or another
unless you have shields on, in which case you bounce off.
- You are destroyed if you are shot, if you run into a mine, or if
if you are hit by a laser, unless you have shields on.
- You lose points when you are destroyed, but not as many points if destroyed
by the other player.
- You gain points by shooting asteroids, or by killing the other player's ship,
or by shooting mine-ships, laser-ships, seeker-ships, or by clearing mines.
- You gain points and hyperspace (magenta crystals) or gain shields (white
crystals) by picking up the square crystals.
- Your shields protect you from being destroyed.
- You can clear mines by running over with shields on, gaining points in the
- You start with a limited amount of shields (about 5 seconds).
- Your shields will appear dimmer as it is about to run out.
- Whenever you get a new ship or pick up a shields crystal, you have 3 free
- Using hyperspace will randomly transplant your ship; each ship begins with
- Your ship does have a maximum speed.
- Your ship does lose momentum as it travels.
- You have a maximum of four shots at a time.
- Your ship's momentum also affects your shot.
- Exact points:
- Asteroids: 25, 50, 100 (large, medium, small, resp.). Some asteroids require
than one shot to destroy (they get brighter as you hit them); note in this case,
they are worth more points (multiple regular points by number of hits).
- Crystals: 10-100 (slow), 20-200 (fast); they are worth less each time they
bounce. Shields (white) crystals are worth only 10 points, but give you 2-10
shields. Hyperspace (magenta) crystals give you one extra unit of hyperspace in
to the points.
- Mine-ship: 200 points
- Clearing a mine: 100 points
- Laser-ship: 300 points
- Seeker-ship: 50 points times number of hits required to kill it
- Killing the other ship: 500 (by shooting), 100 (by ramming).
- Destroyed by being killed by the other player: -100.
- Destroyed by other means (running into the boundary, running into an
mine-ship, laser-ship, seeker-ship) or hit by laser: -500.